Saturday 4 June 2011

Hello, Yahoo. I believe my computer is being "hacked" into. I went to the FBI.gov?

website to use it, and instead of seeing the official FBI Seal where the %26quot;favicon%26quot; is usually located by the web address, I saw a funny little cartoon face instead. I generally go to Yahoo.com to do all of my searches. Tell me, how can I (1.) change the %26quot;favicon%26quot; to what it needs to be (the official FBI seal) and (2.) now how can I be sure that my Yahoo mail account isn%26#039;t being tampered with and the emails are indeed being sent to the addresses I%26#039;ve used?|||1) You can%26#039;t change a favicon. It is generated by the website owner.


2) Verify the Sent To address by looking at emails in your Sent folder.





If you still have any concerns, change your Yahoo password. Here%26#039;s a site with tips on how to create secure passwords:


http://www.komando.com/tips/index.aspx?i鈥?/a>





Btw, we are not Yahoo. Yahoo Answers is Yahoo users answering questions for other Yahoo users. To contact Yahoo, go to your mail page %26amp; click the Help link. It will lead you to a Contact Us page where you can communicate with Yahoo





...|||So, if you can%26#039;t change a favicon, and it%26#039;s generated by the website owner, then if it isn%26#039;t the %26quot;official seal%26quot; of a government website, then I%26#039;m at a phony website, if the %26quot;official seal%26quot; isn%26#039;t there? Thanks for your response. Also, thanks for letting me know how to communicate with Yahoo.

Report Abuse


|||it is hard to do, do you use a firewall?


did you give anybody the password


change it regularly that is a good thing|||I dont think your Comp is hacked, you must have miss-spelled it while typing, just recheck or use a different browser like mozilla or safari or opera, you can download them for free from the internet.


You can reset the browser to its default settings and remove the cookies and recently used sites. In case if the above doesn%26#039;t work then your browser may be hijacked (technical term by a worm/virus)


Usually people who hack your email accounts change ur password immediately, try logging to your yahoo account and change your password immediately. You can check the sent mail folder for the unauthorized mails being sent or send mails to every one in your contact list that your account may have been compromised and ignore any mails asking for personal details or money related...

No comments:

Post a Comment