Saturday 4 June 2011

How to insert Joomla favicon?

Hi,


I am having trouble inserting a favicon onto my Joomla site. I have been told how to create one, which I have done, but when I upload it to the media management sector, it does not appear to change the favicon of my site. Please can you help me ?!





Thanks, Matt!|||Hi Matt:





The following steps might help you.


1. Create an icon with the extension .ico


2. Upload the favicon image into the media manager and it should be in the %26#039;/%26#039; directory


3. Go to global configuration and edit the file name of %26quot;Favorite Site Icon%26#039; to the one you have uploaded. If the file name is favicon.ico put this file name there.


4. If you are still not getting the icon, please check the permissions of the favicon.ico





5. If you are using latest IE and you are not getting the favicon, then try using FireFox and see. If firefox renders it and IE is not able to render it you need to tweek little bit on the template side.





With Warm Regards





Ram Kumar


http://www.bhea.co.in


http://www.rheakt.com|||You must also set it up in your %26quot;global configuration%26quot;, first tab %26quot;Favourites Site Icon%26quot;





;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment