Saturday 4 June 2011

How do I change my favicon on my website?

I was attempting to add a favicon as a test run on my website after researching the html code online. It actually worked but now I want to change the image of the favicon. My problem is I cant find the html code anywhere on my page inorder to change it !


Im using yahoo sitebuilder. The code is not under %26quot;page properties%26quot; or %26quot;html%26quot; I dont know where else to look for it to change it.





I also tried change the old image to the new image, saving the new one as favicon.





Do you know how I can change the favicon image??|||Just upload the favicon.ico to your root directory, and add this inside the %26lt;head%26gt;%26lt;/head%26gt; tags:


%26lt;link rel=%26quot;shortcut icon%26quot; href=%26quot;favicon.ico%26quot; /%26gt;


%26lt;link rel=%26quot;icon%26quot; href=%26quot;favicon.ico%26quot; /%26gt;|||Between the %26lt;head%26gt; and %26lt;/head%26gt; section of your page;


%26lt;link rel=%26quot;shortcut icon%26quot; href=%26quot;/favicon.ico%26quot;%26gt;


Change the favicon.ico to whatever you%26#039;d like.





Here%26#039;s an amazing online FavIcon tool used to make FavIcons and generate the code needed for the installation;


No download needed, just visit:


http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon/

No comments:

Post a Comment